Top 5 Reasons for Keeping Your Car in Your Garage
Do you keep your car in your garage? Not many people do these days. The original purpose of the garage, of course, was for the storage and protection of cars. Many homeowners, though, have fallen out of the habit of pulling the car into the garage each evening.
But there are five really good reasons why you might want to go back to using your garage for its original intended purpose.
- Your Car Will Look Better for Longer: Simply keeping your car sheltered from all the ‘stuff’ and debris of the outdoors will keep it looking better. Pulling your car into the garage each evening will protect it from dust, bird droppings, nightly dewfall, and a range of other ‘things’ that are typical of an outdoors environment.
And it’s not just a matter of looks. All of those things that accumulate on your car and make it constantly look like it needs washing also helps to accelerate the deterioration of the protective finish of your car. If you keep your car long-term, putting it in the garage each night may save you from having to spring for a new paint job one day.
- Your Car is Protected From Storms: It’s a terrible feeling to have a hailstorm roll through, and know that your car is taking a beating, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Even simple windstorms can blow debris into your car that results in dents, dings or chipped paint. But if you keep your car in the garage, you have little to fear from Mother Nature’s fits of fury.
- Less Chance of Theft or Vandalism: If you keep your car in the garage, you’ll greatly reduce the chance of it being stolen. But you’ll also help to protect it from acts of vandalism, and from people breaking into it to steal what’s inside.
- Reduced Insurance Costs: Many insurance agencies will lower your insurance premiums if you routinely store your car in a locked garage.
- Your Convenience: It’s a cold and rainy morning. You have to go to work. You have to go NOW – you can’t wait for the rain to break. So you make a run for your car, getting soaked from the windblown rain and the puddles you’re forced to splash through. A nice way to start the day.
Or there’s a thick coating of ice and snow that you’ve got to get cleared off the windshield before you can go anywhere. By the time you finish that job, you’re chilled to the bone and your hands are numb with cold. Another nice way to start the day.
But if your car is in the garage, it’s nice and dry. It’s free of ice and snow. All you have to do is get in and go. And that really is a nice way to start the day!
You Can Get Your Car in Your Garage, Right?
People have different reasons for not keeping their cars in their garages. But perhaps the most common reason? They simply can’t. There’s no room. Their garage is so crammed with stuff and clutter that there’s no room for a car.
And that’s a shame. Because that means that they can’t take advantage of all the benefits of using their garage for its intended purpose.
At the very least, it would be wise to be able to park your car in the garage upon occasion, even if you don’t want to do that every night. That way you can protect your car when the weather goes on a rampage.
So if you can’t get your car in your garage, wouldn’t it be wise to make a few changes? With proper organization, you can store lots of ‘stuff and clutter’ in your garage, and still have room for your car. Give us a call, and we’ll show you how. It’s what we do.