What Did You Just Say? Poly… What!?
That’s the reaction we get sometimes when we tell people about our garage floor finishing services. We tell people that we use an advanced, cutting-edge concrete floor coating called Polyaspartic Polyurea.
And that’s when we sometimes get the: “Poly…what!?”
The reaction is understandable. The name of the product, Polyaspartic Polyurea, is certainly a mouthful. But everyone who owns a garage should at least be familiar with Polyaspartic Polyurea – even if they can’t pronounce it.
What It Is
Polyaspartic Polyurea is the single biggest leap forward historically in concrete floor coatings. The product was invented by the Bayer Corporation, and really hasn’t been around for all that long. It first hit the market in the 1990s.
So what is it?
Put simply, it’s a new type of concrete floor coating that is far more advanced than the old epoxy coatings that once dominated the market.
Polyaspartic Polyurea offers an impressive array of benefits, the sum total of which are simply not available from any other garage floor coating. It’s because of these benefits that we now use only Polyaspartic Polyurea for all of our garage floor finishing projects.
Those benefits include:
- Incredible Range of Application Temperatures: Polyaspartic Polyurea can be applied in an astounding range of temperatures: -30F to 140F. That means that long-term problems due to application temperatures are non-existent with Polyaspartic Polyurea – unlike other floor coatings.
- Extreme High-Temperature Tolerance: Once cured, Polyaspartic Polyurea can endure temperatures of up to 350F without any degradation.
- Extreme Wear-Resistance: Polyaspartic Polyurea offers far more resistance to abrasion or impact damage than other concrete floor coatings.
- Fast Curing: The downtime required to apply Polyaspartic Polyurea is almost nil. Normal activities can resume in the garage only a couple of hours after application.
- Protects Concrete: Polyaspartic Polyurea provides excellent protection to the underlying concrete by resisting penetration by fats and oils. Polyaspartic Polyurea even provides protection from mild acid spills, and is extremely stain-resistant.
- High-Gloss Finish: Polyaspartic Polyurea provides an outstanding high-gloss finish that will not fade – even after many years.
- High Art: Polyaspartic Polyurea can be applied in an incredible array of colors and patterns. Think of your garage floor as a giant canvas, and the Polyaspartic Polyurea as an artist’s palette!
That Poly Stuff…
One other benefit of Polyaspartic Polyurea?
You don’t have to be able to pronounce it to enjoy the benefits. In fact, if you’re interested in having the prettiest, cleanest, safest, most durable garage floor you’ve ever had, you can just call us up and tell us that you’re interested in that poly stuff.
We’ll know what you’re talking about.